Teacher Spotlight - Brooke MartinDecember 1, 2020
Teacher Spotlight: Brooke Martin, 3rd Grade
“Nothing is perfect, but Cedar Creek is pretty close,” said third grade science and social studies teacher Brooke Martin of her experience on our faculty.
Martin, who holds a Master of Arts in Teaching from Louisiana Tech University, earned her undergraduate degree in business before pursuing a career in education. This year is Martin’s seventh at Cedar Creek, and her previous teaching experience includes Pre-K and Kindergarten, with six years at Ouachita Christian School.
Cedar Creek is a family affair for the Martins. Brooke and husband Brad have three children—Abby, Nolan, and Jase—in high school, middle school, and elementary school, respectively. “I love seeing my own children every day,” Martin said. “I also enjoy getting to know each student in my class and hopefully instilling a love for learning, especially science.”
Martin said STEM skills are an integral part of the elementary curriculum, which provides project-based experiments and other learning experiences for students. Some of that learning is showcased for parents at Cedar Creek’s annual Project Tomorrow Innovation Night held in the spring.
Martin said working with her fellow teachers is one of the highlights of her Creek experience. “I feel like the school has become my family,” she said. “Cedar Creek is the best decision we ever made.”
More Cougar Spotlights
- Masonic Honesty and Integrity AwardNovember 8, 2021
- DAR Good CitizenOctober 26, 2021
- National MeritOctober 20, 2021
- Writing for GoldSeptember 15, 2021
- Teacher Spotlight - Marilyn HyamsJanuary 7, 2021
- Teacher Spotlight - Kyle KavanaughDecember 8, 2020
- Teacher Spotlight - Brooke MartinDecember 1, 2020
- A Work of the heARTSeptember 27, 2017
- Cedar Creek’s Miss LouisianaJune 19, 2017
- Historical HonorMarch 1, 2017
- National Merit January 17, 2017
- International TravelJuly 8, 2016
- Amongst the greatsSeptember 1, 2015
- First-rate blogJanuary 29, 2015
- Kelly O'Neal, all-around cowgirlOctober 21, 2014
- John McCallum, Class of 2012August 15, 2014